“A child should not die without family near, nor a family lose a child without being there for them.” Zoe Lee Petersen died in November 2005 in Cape Town, South Africa from leukaemia at just 23months. While she received treatment, her family was with her constantly. Many other children there have no visitors for long periods of time, sometimes years, and have to endure chemotherapy alone. Can you imagine your child going through that without you by their side? “ A just-bereaved mother should not have to sleep on a bunk-bed in a dormitory.” The Zoe Lee Foundation’s goal is to provide a “Home from Home” where families can stay while their children undergo treatment at the Red Cross Children’s Hospital in Cape Town. Please help us make a difference by running in one of these events. If you are interested and could realistically raise a minimum of £500 (Edinburgh Marathon) £500 (Team Relay) or £250 (Half Marathon) we’d love to welcome you to our team.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Zoe Lee Foundation via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.