0131 516 2776
At Garvald Edinburgh we teach creative and vocational skills to adults with learning disabilities across 15 different workshops including pottery, cooking, woodwork, weaving and gardening.
Our aim is to provide a safe and supportive environment which enables our members to shape their future based on what they can do and not by what they can’t.
Sadly of the almost 6,000 adults with learning disabilities in the Lothian area only 10% are in employment or further education. After they leave school there is a serious lack of choice for them to lead a meaningful life.
The service we provide is vital in ensuring that adults with learning opportunities have the opportunity to live a happy, healthy and more productive life.
Simply put - We need a new lift! And we can't do it without you...
Our oldest building, Gorgie Workshops, which houses our bakery, our joinery and our tools repair workshops is sadly, like many old Edinburgh buildings, a nightmare for people that struggle with accessibility issues.
By installing a new lift we will be able to better assist the people we currently support AND enable us to open our services to more people who are lacking the opportunities they deserve.
It will cost us £250,000 for the lift and all the additional work required. That's why we need you!
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Garvald Edinburgh via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.