GSi Events Ltd (and their associated trading brands) are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR May 28 2018. We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your entry and secondly to provide you with the best service possible. We will not email you information about our partner promotions and special offers unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you when you enter an event, place an order or register on our website includes:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Race entry details
- Hotel booking details
- Credit/debit card details
This information is already stored on our internal systems and our website simply verifies you as a customer of GSi Events (and their associated trading brands). We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by logging into your MyRunning account. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site but will not collect any personally identifiable information when doing this.
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To send a weekly account email which provides you with an overview of your MyRunning account activity. These communications are a requirement for having a MyRunning account, and therefore cannot be unsubscribed from.
- To send essential event communications about the event you have entered. You cannot opt-out of these as they contain essential information you will need in order to participate.
- To send newsletters about details of our other events, offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested. You can unsubscribe from these via the 'Contact Preferences' area of your account.
- To send updates regarding the status of your entry or order.
- To allocate you to a timing pen and give you a result.
- To understand the behaviour of our registered users.
- To perform other general marketing and promotional activities focused on our entry, products and services.
- To send you information about special offers and promotions from our partners, which we think will be of interest to you.
- To publish your result as part of the overall list of results published on our website after each event.
- To pass on to our Charities IF you have entered our Events via a Charity Entry OR Linked your Standard Entry to a Charity
If you register for an event or sign up for our newsletter, we may contact you about similar events we organise that we think you might be interested in. These events are:
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- EMF Running Tours
- Run Bournemouth
- Scottish Half Marathon
- Scottish 10K
- Men’s 10K
- Women's 10K
- Big Fun Run
- Supernova Run
- Dog Jog
- Big Blue Thank You
You can opt out of these newsletter lists at any time by simply clicking on the 'Contact Preferences' area of your MyRunning account and opting out of the events you do not wish to be told about.
When you enter an event or place an order we need to know your name, email address, entry details, contact details, credit or debit card number and the card’s expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your entry/order and to notify you of the status of your entry/order.
We have designed our site to protect the information we collect online from unauthorised access. We safeguard your private information by implementing the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedure necessary to protect your privacy. To further protect your security, we also take the reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your MyRunning account or making data changes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and have security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information.
You have the right to have all of your data deleted at any point. If you would like to have your data permanently deleted you can do so by closing your MyRunning account. You can close your MyRunning account at any time from within the 'Profile' section of your account. If you delete your account you will lose access to all of your historical event information and all information relating to any linked child profiles on your account. The deleted information includes but is not limited to your event history, all past results, all purchase history, all training plans, all fundraising activity and any unused vouchers. Deletion of your account is a permanent action that cannot be undone.
Improving Our Service
GSi Events Ltd does not pass your personal information to others to use for marketing. To better tailor our events and services to our customers we use your post event feedback (if provided) and non-identifying and aggregate information to help us make decisions on how to improve. We also share this generic information with our charities, advertisers and other interested, reputable parties with whom we have established a formal business relationship. For example, we may tell advertisers which areas of the site have received the most customer traffic overall, or more specifically, how many customer types have visited certain pages. However, we do not disclose the identifying information of individual customers with advertisers. We also do not use or share the personally identifiable information submitted to us by any other means without providing our customers the choice to opt-out or otherwise bar such unrelated uses.
Cookies are pieces of information left in the settings of your web browser to identify your computer to a website when you return. Whenever a website welcomes you and tailors data to your specifications, it is reading a cookie left in your browser and identifying information you may have registered during previous visits, such as your viewing preferences.
The above privacy statement may not be applicable in all countries of GSi Events visitors or registered community users, as security policies may vary according to the individual Internet laws in each host country.