Imagine the relief of getting your child home from hospital after they have recovered from a life threatening illness or accident. It seems as though the nightmare is finally over but, for the family of a child who has sustained an acquired brain injury, this might only be the beginning of their journey.
A childhood acquired brain injury can be caused by an accident - even falling off your bike – an illness such as meningitis or encephalitis, a poisoning, drowning, stroke or brain tumour. Whilst bones can mend and scars may fade, a brain injury is with you for life, affecting everything you think, feel and do.
Often referred to as an 'invisible disability', brain injury can lead to problems for children and young people that make learning, socialising and family life very difficult. However, the outcomes can be remarkably different if they access the right support at the right time. The Child Brain Injury Trust is the only charity in Scotland providing support to a child with any type of acquired brain injury and we can only keep doing this thanks to your help. Thank you for considering us.
Whether you have already registered your own place or would like one of our charity places, we offer our runners:
If you choose to register for one of our charity places, you will be required to pay a registration fee and make a fundraising pledge to confirm your place. These amounts are:
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Child Brain Injury Trust via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.