Scottish Mountain Rescue represents 25 Mountain Rescue Teams made up of volunteers that provide a 24 hour rescue service in Scotland. Our 850 volunteers respond in a moment's notice, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide assistance to people in the outdoors. They give up their time, their beds, abandon their work, and are often called away from their families to assist total strangers. These people and the teams they belong to save lives in the outdoors in Scotland.
Scottish Mountain Rescue and our member teams rely on people like you. Without the support of the community it would not be possible for the Mountain Rescue Teams to be there 365 days a year for anyone that needs us. By joining our Edinburgh Marathon Festival Team you will be playing an important part in saving lives and helping mountain rescue volunteers to be there for people when they need us.
We'd love you to join our team for the Edinburgh Marathon Festival. You can either join our team with a Charity Assured Place where you will pay a registration fee and pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship or you can join us as an own place runner.
- Scottish Mountain Rescue Supporter T-shirt
- Fundraising hints and tips
- Friendly support at the end of the phone or e-mail, to help you with your fundraising
- A HUGE thank you for making a really big difference to us!
To confirm an Assured Charity Place you will be asked to pay a registration fee and make a fundraising pledge as detailed below
Edinburgh Marathon: Registration fee £30, Minimum sponsorship £550
Edinburgh Half Marathon: Registration fee £25, Minimum sponsorship £250
Edinburgh 10k: Registration fee £10, Minimum sponsorship £150
Edinburgh 5k: Registration fee £10, Minimum sponsorship £100
Edinburgh Hairy Haggis Relay: Registration fee £40, Minimum sponsorship £580
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Scottish Mountain Rescue via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.