Sepsis arises when the body's response to infection spirals rapidly out of control, injuring it's own tissues and organs. It kills an estimated 52,000 people in the UK every year- that is more than the combined figure for breast and bowel cancer.
It is the number one cause of preventable death in the World. It is an indiscriminate, potentially deadly disease that can kill a healthy adult in a matter of hours.
More research is needed to better understand sepsis and why some people are more susceptible to it than others.
Sepsis Research is the UK's Sepsis Research charity. We fund research into sepsis in the hope that new medicines and treatments can be developed to better fight it. We are also passionate about raising awareness so that more people recognise the signs and symptoms and know when to urgently seek medical advice.
Please support the work we do and together we can #stopsepsisnow.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Sepsis Research (FEAT) via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.