Neurological conditions (disorders of the brain and spine) are more common than most people think. In addition to the more familiar conditions such as brain tumours, stroke, multiple sclerosis and epilepsy there are around 350 different disorders which affect over 10 million people in the UK every year.
We provide a helpline run by trained neuroscience nurses that provide people suffering with a neurological condition with medical advice and support on a wide range of conditions and queries. Many callers are simply concerned about symptoms such as dizziness, headaches or face pain while others may be seeking clarification about a specific condition or about an examination they need to undergo.
We are the only UK wide charity providing support on the full range of neurological conditions.
“I called the Helpline and had an amazing chat with Eva, so much relevant information delivered with great patience and understanding. This is the first time I've called the Helpline and I wish I'd done it ages ago. It’s such a brilliant source of information and support for people like me as it can be so hard for us to find this kind of specific help and understanding for our conditions.”
The charity receives no government funding and is entirely funded by voluntary donations.
To secure a place on our team, we ask each participant for a £20 registration fee and to pledge to raise a minimum of £350 for the full marathon and £250 for the half marathon.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Brain and Spine Foundation via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.