020 8747 5024
Epilepsy Research UK promotes and supports basic and clinical scientific research into the causes, treatment and prevention of epilepsy. We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to funding independent research exclusively into this condition.
Epilepsy Research UK’s vision is of a future where every type of epilepsy can be safely controlled and people can live seizure free – new research is the key to achieving this. Our research is concentrated on key areas that will benefit people with epilepsy.
Each year our scientific advisory committee selects projects that we believe could make a real difference. Since 2007 we have awarded almost £8 million in grant awards. Some of that research has helped us:
• improve epilepsy surgery for both adults and children
• know more about risks of taking epilepsy medication in pregnancy
• trial drugs to treat memory problems in people with temporal lobe epilepsy
• improve surgery for focal epilepsy
• discover that immunotherapy is an effective treatment for certain types of seizure
By running for Epilepsy Research UK you can help us push forward developments to better understand, control, and perhaps even cure, epilepsy.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2019 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2019 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2019 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2019 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2019 EMF 10k >
- 2019 EMF 5k >
- 2019 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2019 EMF 2k Junior Race >
- 2019 EMF 1.5k Junior Race >
- 2019 EMF Kids Kilometre >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Epilepsy Research UK via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.