What is Maggie’s?
Maggie's Centres provide free practical and emotional support for people with cancer and their family and friends. Built alongside the hospital, Maggie's Centres are places with professional staff on hand to offer the support people need. They are places to find practical advice about benefits and eating well; places where qualified experts provide emotional support; friendly places to meet other people, calming spaces to sit quietly with a cup of tea.
By raising these much needed funds, you will help Maggie's provide our services free of charge to over 400 people affected by cancer every day.
Why run for Maggie’s?
Sign up for Maggie’s Running Team today! We will provide you with unrivalled Maggie’s support:
· Welcome email with Fundraising Pack & training tips
· Regular e-newsletters
· Invite to visit the centre of your choice for a tour with our fundraising manager
· High performance Maggie’s running vest
· A dedicated team who is always available with fundraising help and advice
· Support on the day with huge cheers of encouragement on route
Full Marathon - £15 registration, £500 minimum sponsorship
Half Marathon - £10 registration, £300 minimum sponsorship
What our runners say
Daisy Moll, aged 12, ran a half-marathon over a month in memory of her mum who found vital support at Maggie’s Edinburgh. Her challenge started with the 5k race at the Edinburgh Marathon Festival 2015.
Daisy has already smashed her £1,000 fundraising target for Maggie’s Edinburgh and has raised an incredible £2,571.
“I know how much Maggie’s helped my mum, and I wanted to play a part in the amazing work they do. I’m not naturally good at running so this is going to be quite a hard challenge for me, but I hope I might help other people to see that you don’t have to be the best runner to do something like this.”
If you would like any more information about the event, we’d love to here from you! Please don’t hesitate to call our Supporter Care Team on 0300 123 1801 or email [email protected]
We may use details you provide to send you information on our work, news and fundraising activities. We work with third parties to communicate with you in the most efficient way possible, but we never sell your details and you can change your communication preferences at anytime.
If you would like to opt out of our communications or change your details or preferences please contact our Supporter Care Team on 0300 123 1801 or email [email protected]. You will be able to opt out on all future communications. To view our privacy notice please visit maggiescentres.org/privacy
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Maggie's via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.