Globally, almost 1 in 5 people do not have access to electricity; over 1 in 4 lack basic water services like taps and safe drinking water; and over 1 in 3 are without clean cooking facilities. Without access to energy, people remain trapped in a vicious circle of poverty.
Renewable World helps those in need by working with local partners to provide access to clean and sustainable energy. Communities are very much at the heart of the process of installing, managing and maintaining new renewable energy systems, so that they benefit fully. These energy systems can light homes and power businesses; pump water for drinking, sanitation and irrigation; and provide a clean fuel for cooking.
Access to renewable energy not only helps to drive improvements in the health, education and income of local people; it also reduces environmental damage. Since we began work in 2008, our programmes have transformed the lives of almost 40,000 people in Central America, East Africa, and South Asia.
Your fundraising will help us bring life-changing renewable energy to even more communities in need.
Why join Renewable World's #TeamGreen?
Our vision is a world where renewable energy is readily accessible to all, helping to end extreme poverty and reduce climate change. You can help make this happen by joining #TeamGreen.
Fundraising gives you the power to transform lives. By bringing clean and sustainable sources of energy to power-poor communities, you’ll be helping some of the world’s poorest people to lift themselves out of poverty—providing them with life-changing renewable energy to light homes, pump clean water and power small businesses.
As part of our team you’ll receive:
REGISTER TODAY TO JOIN #TEAMGREEN AND RUN FOR RENEWABLE WORLD
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Renewable World via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.