Lupus is a disease of the immune system where the body’s defence mechanism begins to attack itself which can cause inflammation in the joints, muscles and other organs. Lupus mimics other diseases, i.e. multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and ME. It can affect any part of the body and can cause many different symptoms. 90% of patients are female and usually of childbearing age.
LUPUS UK is the only national registered charity supporting people with systemic lupus and discoid lupus and assisting those approaching diagnosis. We presently have over 6,000 members and over 20 Regional Groups who arrange medical talks, publish local newsletters, set up social occasions and organise fundraising events. LUPUS UK also produces an informative national magazine with lupus articles, letters, reports and photographs, and operates a strong Grants Programme for research purposes and welfare.
LUPUS UK’s priorities are:
To help the lupus patient who may feel alone and isolated
To assist those in need as they seek diagnosis
To inform the public and the medical profession about Lupus UK
To improve national awareness about lupus and its impact
To maintain a network of Regional Groups and Contacts
To fund further research into the causes and towards a cure
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO USE ONE OF OUR GUARANTEED PLACES FOR ANY OF THE EVENTS, PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] BEFORE SIGNING UP AS THERE ARE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO FOLLOW AND THERE WILL BE A MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP REQUIREMENT FOR EACH EVENT.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for LUPUS UK via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.