Formed in the same year as the ANCHOR Unit, Friends of ANCHOR has delivered direct support to the patients and staff since 1997.
The ANCHOR Unit is a collective of specialised wards and clinics within Aberdeen Royal Infirmary - the central hub of cancer and haematology care for the North-east of Scotland.
Our person-centred wellbeing services are freely available for every patient, with programmes also available for the valued staff team caring for them. We also invest in medical equipment, pioneering research and staff-based initiatives and support to drive clinical excellence to ensure Aberdeen as a leading hospital for cancer and haematology care.
Run by a small team and stewarded by a committee comprised of senior representatives from the ANCHOR wards and clinics, and the business community, the charity’s founding aim was, and remains to this day, to provide the best possible treatment, care and support to patients.
Uniquely, every penny of every pound donated to Friends of ANCHOR goes to the cause. We can assure you of this because our operating costs are fully covered by Aberdeen company Balmoral Group - as they have been since the charity was founded.
In the last three years alone, we have funded more than £4m of support.
Donate online at www.friendsofanchor.org
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Friends of ANCHOR via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.