Helping to make North-east Scotland’s cancer and haematology care the best it can be.
Formed in 1997 Friends of ANCHOR is an Aberdeen-based charity which directly supports cancer and haematology care in the North-east of Scotland including Orkney and Shetland.
The charity’s committee includes representation from senior nurses and consultants from the main cancer and haematology care facility in the North-east of Scotland, ensuring a direct correlation between the needs of the ANCHOR unit and the targeted allocation of Friends of ANCHOR funding. Money is also invested into ground-breaking, local cancer research projects to continue to develop improved treatments, diagnosis and better understanding of the disease which hopefully one day will ultimately lead to a cure.
The Aberdeen and North Centre for Haematology, Oncology and Radiotherapy (ANCHOR) unit is a fully funded NHS department at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary which treats patients with all forms of cancer and both malignant and benign blood disorders.
Non-NHS funded equipment
Investing in the latest technology to continually develop and improve cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Vital cancer research
Funding leading clinicians research in Aberdeen to continue pushing the boundaries in the fight against cancer.
Offering additional care, comfort and support to patients during their time at the ANCHOR unit.
Friends of ANCHOR is unique in that every penny donated makes a difference as all the charity’s running costs are fully covered by support from Balmoral Group.
Donate online at www.friendsofanchor.org
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Friends of ANCHOR via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.