0131 467 4239
Celebrating our 90th anniversary in 2012, St Andrew’s Children’s Society is a leading adoption agency working in Scotland. Our services are flexible and responsive to the widely differing needs of the children themselves and of the individuals, couples and families seeking to adopt. We welcome adopters from the broad spectrum of society, regardless of ethnic origin, religious persuasion or sexual orientation.
There are far more children in need of adoption or fostering than there are suitable homes for them. St Andrew’s Children’s Society plays a key role in helping to maximise opportunities for adoption and fostering in Scotland, enabling many children to make a new start in life. But, our work does not end there.
Thankfully, very few adoptions prepared and arranged by St Andrew’s Children’s Society end in disruption (breakdown) - but many adoptions do. In 2009, 20% of adoptions in Scotland arranged by local authorities ended in disruption, with children being returned to local authority care
Our core services focus on:
The first year of programmes of training with 21 families in Edinburgh has just ended, with all involved, families and trainers unanimous in their feelings that all adoptive parents should have access to SafeBase training.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for St Andrew's Children's Society via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.