Do you remember a time when somebody really helped you? When a small intervention made a big impact on your life?
This is what we do at Buttle UK.
Buttle UK is named after Frank Buttle. Frank witnessed the suffering of many children during his lifetime. He wanted to give them a better future. He was not a rich man but through his entrepreneurialism, vision, hard work and personal sacrifice he created a fund to ‘launch into life’ children who were in crisis.
Over 60 years later, that is what we still do. Pay for things that give children a chance for change.
This could be for anything from a bed for a child who has had to sleep on the floor, to travel costs and a laptop so a homeless teenager can start their first college course.
Last year alone we provided £3.7m in direct, efficient and intelligently targeted grants to nearly 30,000 children. Over the last 12 years we have distributed over £14m on behalf of BBC Children in Need.
These are tough times, the number of children in crisis is rising. We must do more.
We give children in crisis chances for change, but we need your help to better the lives of more children and young people. For more information, please get in touch.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Buttle UK via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.