Join our Hearing Link running team..
Hearing Link is an organisation which helps people with all levels of hearing loss throughout the UK adjust to and manage the practical, social and emotional day-to-day challenges that deafness can bring. We also help their families and friends adjust to new circumstances and give them an understanding of what living without sound entails.
..and we will support you every step of the way...
All our Bond Runners will receive:
Ian Webster talks about the support he and his wife Frances got from Hearing Link's Rehabilitation Programmes for profoundly deafened people: 'Frances found the session on finger spelling and lipreading most enlightening, and we are now determined to learn finger spelling, and also teach our grandchildren.
I found it very helpful being able to talk to other hearing people and a counsellor about how deafness (as a hearing partner) can be so stressful. I realised that this was the first time I had received any help or advice whatsoever and the first time I was able to talk openly about the effect Frances’ hearing loss had had on myself.
What have we taken away from the programme? That being deaf should not be a stigma or an embarrassing problem. We need to educate and inform people – our doctors, bank staff, our friends - about deafness. They need to be made aware that because we are deaf we are not second class citizens and we are just as entitled to receive respect as hearing people.
If you would like to know more about running for Hearing Link, we would love to hear from you! Please call Laura Chaplin on 0300 111 1113 or email [email protected]
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Hearing Link via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.