Motor Neurone Disease (MND) stops the nerve cells that control the body’s movement from sending messages to muscles. MND is often rapid and always fatal. There is no known cure.
There are around 400 people in Scotland currently living with MND. There is currently no cure or effective treatment for MND and the average life expectancy from diagnosis is just 18 months. On average almost 200 people are diagnosed each year in Scotland.
MND Scotland is the leading charity in Scotland providing care and support to people affected by Motor Neurone Disease (MND), as well as funding vital research into finding a cure. We campaign on behalf of people affected by MND, and raise awareness of the disease, to ensure their voice is heard.
We provide direct support to people with MND and their families, through the loan of specialist equipment such as electronic communication aids for people who can no longer speak, financial support, information, advice, and professional counselling.
Your support will make a big difference to a small Scottish charity. We are only able to support people affected by MND, and fund research to take us a step closer to finding a cure, because of people like you!
We have guaranteed places available in all races! The minimum sponsorship requirements for each race are:
Virtual Challenge 2021
Edinburgh Marathon Festival 2022
In return, we can offer you help and support with your fundraising and will provide:
Thank you and good luck!
Scottish Charity Number SC002662
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2022 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2022 Edinburgh Marathon >
- 2022 Edinburgh Half Marathon >
- 2022 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay >
- 2022 EMF 10k >
- 2022 EMF 5k >
- 2022 EMF Junior 5K >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 2K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 1 >
- 2022 EMF 1.5K Junior Race 2 >
- 2022 EMF Kids Kilometre >
2021 Virtual Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2021 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 2K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Junior 1.5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2021 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for MND Scotland via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.