Child Brain Injury Trust
Select the event you would like to run in
Why run for us?
Imagine the relief of getting your child home from hospital after they have recovered from a life threatening illness or accident. It seems as though the nightmare is finally over but, for the family of a child who has sustained an acquired brain injury, this might only be the beginning of their journey.
A childhood acquired brain injury can be caused by an accident - even falling off your bike – an illness such as meningitis or encephalitis, a poisoning, drowning, stroke or brain tumour. Whilst bones can mend and scars may fade, a brain injury is with you for life, affecting everything you think, feel and do.
Often referred to as an 'invisible disability', brain injury can lead to problems for children and young people that make learning, socialising and family life very difficult. However, the outcomes can be remarkably different if they access the right support at the right time. The Child Brain Injury Trust is the only charity in Scotland providing support to a child with any type of acquired brain injury and we can only keep doing this thanks to your help. Thank you for considering us.
We're here to support you
Whether you have already registered your own place or would like one of our charity places, we offer our runners:
- Fundraising advice and ideas - we can also send out sponsorship forms, collection tins, and things like balloons and posters to help you if you're having a fundraising event
- Access to online fundraising sites for easy, secure fundraising
- Regular contact from the fundraising team from the minute you sign up
- A Child Brain Injury Trust running vest or t-shirt to train in and wear during your event
If you choose to register for one of our charity places, you will be required to pay a registration fee and make a fundraising pledge to confirm your place. These amounts are:
- 5k Registration fee: £10, Fundraising target: £150
- 10k Registration fee: £15, Fundraising target: £200
- Junior Race Registration fee: £5, Fundraising target: £30
- 26.2 Mile Marathon Registration fee: £30, Fundraising target: £350
- 13.1 Mile Half Marathon Registration fee: £20, Fundraising target: £250
- Relay team marathon (four participants per team aged 15+) Registration fee: £60, Fundraising target: £600