Select the event you would like to run in
Help us provide training to farmers in eastern Africa that lifts themselves out of poverty, protect their land and adapt to the changing climate.
Own place runners: register with the race organisers, create a ‘my details’ account and an entry here.
Charity place runner: simply fill out the form at the bottom of the page for the race you want to run to secure your place! Below are the fundraising targets we ask depending on the distance you choose, don't worry we are here to help make sure you smash target:
- Edinburgh Marathon: £800
- Edinbugh Half Marathon: £350
- Edinburgh 10K: £160
- Edinburgh 5K: £100
- Hairy Haggis Relay: £750 per team
Join #TeamFarmAfrica today!
Up for the challenge? We’ll support you every step of the way! We want this challenge to be a day you remember forever. We will give you:
- A free breathable Farm Africa running top to wear on the day!
- Cheering materials for your adoring fans
- An e-fundraising pack filled with lots of motivation and inspiration to help you reach your fundraising goal
- A designated friendly fundraiser to answer all your questions and queries
- Publicity support
- Fundraising hints, tips and stories!
Why we need you
As well as adapting to the ever-changing climate, farmers across eastern Africa are fighting against two devastating crises:
1. The biggest drought to date
2. The coronavirus pandemic
A survey undertaken in western Kenya confirmshowed that seven in ten farmers lost vital income because of the pandemic. Your sponsorship could help provide farmers with the knowledge and tools they need to build stronger, sustainable businesses that can thrive, even during a double crisis.
The future is uncertain, but together we are ready.
Thank you for considering Farm Africa, your support is greatly appreciated 💚
Photograph credits: Farm Africa / Josh Raper